Monday, October 29, 2007

Men Love Their Bikes - Its true!

DEDICATED TO MY TRUE AND LOYAL FRIEND KA-01-V-759 (TVS VICTOR)

A couple of years ago, I burst into laughter when I read articles on how much men loved their bikes and the level of emotional attachment men had with them. I did have a bike, but I never thought I would do what I am doing right now...............!

I am supposed to be fast asleep, or even dreaming, but I've just written my 1st poem at this unheavenly hour. (that too in Hindi, donno why! I haven't touched any Hindi literature for the past 8+ yrs) I am sure people who know me, won't believe that I can write poems. Neither did I. Until now! Started the poem at 23:55hrs on Oktober the 28th, 2007 (IST).


"Chaar saal pehle mulakaat ho gayi..................."

Chaar saal pehle mulakaat ho gayi
jabse usko dekha meri neend kho gayi...

Tabhi maine khai, use paane ki kasam
raha nahin gaya hamse, ooo mere sanam...

Keh diya zamane ko, mujhe nahin parwah
bahut tyag kar chukaa hoon main, aur mat karwah...

Kar sako jo kar lo, main nahin rukoonga
teri doli aane ka, main intazaar karoonga...

Woh din aa hee gaya, jab tum aa gaye
jeevan bhar ke saare sapane, ab poore ho gaye...

Bees saaloon ki meri chahat, rang dikhla gaye
pachees december, rangeeli shyaam, dil mil gaye...

Kha liye hamne kasme vaade, naa judaa hoonge hum
taqdeer mein jo likha hai, badal daalenge hum...

Nayi naveli dulhaan ki tarah woh sharama gaye
hamne bhi naa haar maani, peeche hii pad gaye...

Saaloon saath chalte rahe, kayee jagah dekhe
havaoon se baatein ki, parvat bhi naa rokey...

Beech sadak, andhaer gali mein woh humse roothi
gussa aaya, par hamari bhi himmat nahin tooti...

Phir chal padi woh nagar nagar, jeevan ki yeh gaadi
rooki nahin woh dagar dagar, meri raj dulari...

Kismat ne kya khel khela, jaana pada mujhe doooor
judai ki ghadi aa gayee hai, main hoon bilkul majboor...

Pata nahin judai ka gam sah paoonga ya nahin
aagar mein vapis aa gaya to miloonga tumse yahin...

Choad ke jaa raha hoon mein, tumko bebas besahara
yeh accha nahin, par iske siva na aur hai koi chara...

Bewafa ka naam na do tum, mein nahin hoon aisa
kiya sab tere liye hee, maine jo hai waisa...

Alvida keh raha hoon tumko, dukh ka samandar bharke
khush raho tum jahan bhi raho, rehna haste haste!!!


Reason: I sold my 4+yr old bike on Saturday, Oktober the 27th. It was unplanned. I got a call in the morning and woosh! the bike's gone by evening. And now I am feeling terribly sad and insomniac. I am even contemplating about asking the new owner of "my" bike to give it to me once a month!






6 comments:

Immortality said...

Dude this is awesome...keep the good work...and hopefully....u reach the zenith of the same...:D

Niki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki said...

Beautiful poem! good work :) It would have been even better if you had not mentioned the word 'bike' till the very end ;), that way you could have added another dimension to the reader's imagination :P
My interpretation of 'why hindi' - I think you have come across poems of this 'type' mostly in hindi.
& finally, not only men, but women love there 2-wheeler too!! Its probably the sense of freedom u get with the 2-wheelers that makes you so attached to these machines. Right out of college it will give u all the freedom in the world. Cheer-up & think about the brand new black deo u would be getting soon :)& for God's sake sleep!!

praneeth said...

Beautiful poem! good work :) It would have been even better if you had not mentioned the word 'bike' till the very end ;), that way you could have added another dimension to the reader's imagination :P
My interpretation of 'why hindi' - I think you have come across poems of this 'type' mostly in hindi.
& finally, not only men, but women love there 2-wheeler too!! Its probably the sense of freedom u get with the 2-wheelers that makes you so attached to these machines. Right out of college it will give u all the freedom in the world. Cheer-up & think about the brand new black deo u would be getting soon :)& for God's sake sleep!!

praneeth said...

puttar..dont worry..life goes on :)
i felt the same when i left my bike @BITS ;-) oops i forgot the brand.

GADDAM said...

Man it would have been great if the poem was about a girl rather than a bike. Good man, nice Hindi.

"Thum bewafa na they par thum wafa na kar sake"

तुम्हारा क्या गया, जो तुम रोते हो? तुम क्या लाए थे, जो तुमने खो दिया? तुमने क्या पैदा किया था, जो नाश हो गया? न तुम कुछ लेकर अाए, जो लिया यहीं से लिया। जो दिया, यहीं पर दिया। जो लिया, इसी (भगवान) से लिया। जो दिया, इसी को दिया।

परिवर्तन संसार का नियम है।